While we are on the routine subject and me feeling so misserable and wanting to kill my children, I think it is time to speak my mind.
Yes I know it sound harsh but to sleep between 3-5 hours a night for the last 9.5 months is not fun anymore. At the daycare and now with hubby the children are angels but as soon as I am around they are crying for me, is all over me and just plain naughty. Now you will think - how can a 9month old baby be naughty? Come visit me then I show you.
21:30 last night my girls were still wide awake, playing with each other and if I want to rock them to sleep, it is a screaming episode all over again. Why are they so affraid to go to sleep? They are dead tired but don't want to close their eye, I don't think it is so difficult to do. I wanted to take a video and show you ladies how awake they were that time of the night and it is just all of a sudden.
Now this is our routine
6-7 wake up (they don't drink anything because then they don't want cereal)
7-8 cereal: between 2-3 headed spoons each
8:30 bottle 210ml milk and sleep between 30min to 1 hour
10:00 yohurt
12-13:00 lunch this can be avo, viennas, veggies, piece of meat (chicken)
16:00 snack - vienna, banana, cookie
18:00 dinner avo, veggies and meat, pap &sous
19:00 bottle 210ml milk and on a good day go to sleep before 8
then the fun starts
another bottle of milk during the night or tea or sometimes nothing
during the day they drink alot of water and 100ml juice and it depends how hot is it 125ml tea
The last week they are so fusy to eat, so when even they eat we give enough. They don't eat alot but they don't want more and the milk - they also don't want more.
I am really clueless as to what to do more so that they can sleep better. They are restless in their sleep so it is not that they are wide awake during the night. They will sleep good till about 2,3 in the morning and then I am up and down to settle them but they don't sleep well after that.
Please I need some help otherwise I am gonna land up in wes koppies to be put to sleep for a week or two. I am finished, i can't anymore. I am irratated with them, I don't want to be around anybody, I want to sleep but can't even fall asleep.
Ek is so jammer, ek het geen idee gehad nie. Ek sit N wawyd wakker neer, van geboorte af, en sy kry haarself binne 10min aan die slaap, sonder drama. Ek weet nie of dit sal werk om hulle te los nie? Dagslapies is 'n ander storie, groot stamgevegte.
ReplyDeletexxx
Oh my word, I feel for you. Ours are not that bad (I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!) because they do drink their bottles and go back to sleep. Maybe it's because both D and I get up and the same person doesn't always attend to the same baby.
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear more about your sleep training. Email me at leigh1010 @gmail.com